Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me by a very wise and sweet woman Judy who mentored me many many years ago. This is NOT for the health conscious! This is best made and refrigerated the day before your event.
- 1 head broccoli (cut in bite size pieces)
- 1 head cauliflower (cut in bite size pieces)
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 2 cups seasoned croutons (crumbled) or 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- Boil cut up broccoli and cauliflower for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish (dish must be refrigerator and oven proof) with Pam and place cooked broccoli/cauliflower mix in the bottom.
- Sprinkle chopped onions over top.
- Combine the tins of cream of mushroom and cream of celery soups, the mayonnaise, the 2 beaten eggs and the cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- Pour wet mixture over the vegetable mixture.
- Pour the melted butter over top.
- Sprinkle the 2 cups of crumbled seasoned croutons (or the seasoned bread crumbs) right on top of it all.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes in a 350°F oven.