Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another great appetizer! You can make the topping the day before and refrigerate it under ready.
- 1⁄2 jar sun-dried tomato packed in oil, well drained on paper towels
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce (tomato puree)
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 ounces brie cheese
- In a mini food processor with metal blade, pulse together the tomatoes, garlic, tomato sauce, red wine and sugar until tomatoes are chopped fine and everything is well blended.
- Stir in basil and oregano.
- Pile generously on top if the cheese and heat through in a 350 degree F oven until cheese is soft.
- Serve with slices of French baguette bread.
I made this as an appy last night and it was soooo delicious! I served it with toasted Winnipeg Rye triangles and it was gone in no time. Very nice presentation that looks elegant but is so simple to make. Thanks for a winner!