Recipe by Bibliobethica
This is perfect for a small gathering where you don't want to serve an entire wheel of brie. You can cut the ingredients down to the number you need since they are served individually on the slices of French bread. I found this online when I didn't want to do the old brie in puffed pastry recipe.
- 1 loaf crusty French bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 16 thin slices prosciutto, about 1/4 pound
- 2 apples, thinly sliced (or pear)
- 1 lb brie cheese, thinly sliced
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut 1/2-inch slices from loaf or bread. Butter each side and put them onto a baking sheet. Top each slice with 1 slice of prosciutto and 3 or 4 slices of pear or apple. Cover this with the Brie slices and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 8 to 10 minutes.