Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yum! Hot Brie combined with the rich flavor of Macadamia nuts served with spicy fresh Mango Chutney. Posted by request from Sam Choy's "Island Flavors" Prep time includes chilling.
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) rounds brie cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb (Panko)
- spicy mango chutney
- thin crisp bread, such as lavash or toasted pita bread
- thinly sliced apple
- In a shallow dish,combine bread crumbs and nuts.
- Cut each Brie into quarters and coat with flour then dip in egg.
- Coat Brie well on all side in the nut mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange cheese in an oven proof dish and bake 10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with chutney, lavash and apple.
Fantastic recipe!! Served this at my sons 1st B-day party and everyone absolutely loved it!!! I could have served this by itself for the lunch and the guests would have been perfectly happy!