Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the St. Louis Post Dispatch, reprinted from the Washington Post. Can be served with crusty French bread, baby carrots, or grapes.
- 2 frozen puff pastry sheets, such as Pepperidge Farm
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) round brie cheese or 1 (16 ounce) wedge brie cheese
- 3 -4 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a baking dish that is about 2 inches wider than the brie.
- Thaw pastry sheets until pliable; unfold and set aside.
- Melt butter in small pan over medium heat. Add garlic, cook about 1 minute (do not brown); set aside.
- Drape one pastry sheet in the prepared baking dish, letting the edges hang over the sides and fitting the pastry into the bottom. Place the brie on the pastry, spoon the garlic butter on top. Fold up the corners of the pastry so they rest on top of the brie. Cover with the second pastry sheet, tucking its corners around the cheese. (The pastry will expand to fill the dish when baked.).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and slightly puffy.
- [The brie can be removed to a serving platter or served in the baking dish.].
- Drizzle the honey over the top and serve immediately or at room temperature.