Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve this with crackers or fruit.
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, bits
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 16 ounces brie cheese
- garlic-flavored croutons or cracker
- Reconstitute tomato bits in hot water about 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In bowl of food processor combine tomato bits, basil, cheese, nuts, oil, garlic and pepper.
- Process to form a fine paste; season with salt.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Bring to room temperature before topping cheese.
- Trim top crust from Brie wheels.
- Cover top of cheese with tomato mixture, dividing equally.
- On baking sheet, bake in 375ºF oven about 5 minutes, just until cheese begins to melt.
- Transfer to serving plates and surround with croutons or crackers.
- Garnish with basil sprigs.
- Serve immediately.