I found this on a website called kitchn.com, tried it, and it is very good. It makes a great 2nd use of a little of your cranberry sauce. I'm guessing that almost everyone has had baked brie, but this is by far a great way to do it. Guests will enjoy this at any time of day. I love cranberries, and I don't think that they should be bound to just one appearance on the Thanksgiving table. This appetizer highlights the cranberries (and it uses up leftover cranberry sauce, too). It's a great reason to just make a little extra cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving dinner. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces round brie cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce (use your own personal favorite recipe)
- 1 -2 tablespoon packed brown sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, unroasted and roughly chopped (optional)
- fresh rosemary, to garnish (optional)
- assorted crackers, like cracked black pepper crackerthins or homemade harvest cracker
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 2Peel or slice off the top rind of the brie and scrape out a small amount of cheese to form a shallow hollow in the center. Place the cheese in a small baking dish like a pie pan. (If you plan on transferring the cheese to a serving dish after it's baked, line the pie pan with a square of parchment paper.).
- 3Mix the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, vanilla, zest, and nutmeg. Top the brie with this cranberry mixture and sprinkle the hazelnuts (optional) over it.
- 4Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the cheese is gooey. This is a delicate process, and baking time can vary. The goal is to take the cheese out after it has softened, but just before it collapses into a heap.
- 5If desired, lift the parchment paper and use a spatula to carefully slide the cheese onto a prettier serving dish. Garnish with a rosemary sprig (optional) and serve immediately with assorted crackers.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Brie With Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.5
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.8 mg
- Sodium 365.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 11.8 g