Recipe by leslie
An easy to prepare treat that has become a staple at our gatherings. For a finger-friendly treat, scoop small amounts of brie and cherry mixture into puff pastry shells. (Either purchased or homemade) Top with almonds. Makes 48 individual servings in the puff pastry shells.
- 6 -8 ounces brie cheese (a round or wedge)
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove wrapping from brie, and also the rind if desired.
- Place the brie inside an oven-safe casserole dish or serving platter that has been lightly greased. ( I use cooking spray).
- Toast the slivered almonds until golden brown and aromatic (350 degrees, ungreased pan, ten minutes OR add almonds to 1 T. butter and microwave for 4-5 minutes) Regardless of your method, stir them several times while toasting.
- Mix preserves and brown sugar. Pour over the brie.
- Top with toasted almonds.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, or until it starts to look gooey.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices, crackers or apple slices.