Recipe by crazy but capable
This recipe was a suggestion from my Mother that she found but never tried. I altered it a little to fit my taste. I will publish the altered recipe. It was delicious and a perfect ending to a light dinner of fish and veggies. It left everyone full and satisfied, but not rolllling away from the table. You can make the caramel ahead and reheat right before serving.
- 13 ounces brie round
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- coarsely chopped pecans, amount based on taste
- 2 red apples (Braeburn are a GREAT choice!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and flour. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes continuously stirring. Remove from heat. Once mixture is lukewarm, add milk and stir until smooth. (It will be lumpy at first- just keep stirring.) Add pecans - I used about a handful of halved pecans broken into fairly large pieces.
- Place brie into oven until melted- only 5 minutes or so- you will know if you touch the outside and it moves with the melted cheese inside.
- Take brie from oven and onto a serving platter. Warm caramel/pecan mixture if it has cooled, and pour over the top. Serve with sliced apples. Enjoy!
- **NOTE: If you choose a slice of brie instead of a round, you should not bake the brie. It would melt all over the place. Just take out to room temperature, pour warm caramel sauce over it-- that should soften it enough to still be delicious.