Recipe by ToiCara
UPDATE: After the first review I edited the recipe using less butter. I am one of those cooks who never measures things, so I estimated, and obviously, it was too much butter. The idea is just to brush softened butter over the surface of the brie. I hope this is better! Thanks! This is great party food. A friend gave me this recipe after we all fell in love with it at her party. Enjoy!
Top Review by 3KillerBs
Almost ridiculously easy. But no one would ever know. ;-) The flavor was excellent and the butter helped soften the marked-down cheese that I knew was a bit too old for best results..
- 1 (5 inch) brie round
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans
- sliced French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Put brie in baking dish.
- Brush on approximately 3 T. of softened butter.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of brown sugar over the brie.
- Add a few (about 1/4 cup) of walnuts or chopped pecans, really just whatever you have on hand.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with sliced french bread.