Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This baked brie puff pastry is rich, creamy, and dessert-like. It always disappears. I'm always asked for the recipe. Raspberry preserves goes great in this as well. Bringing in 2012 I made this using Fig Jam Sweet Spanish Temptation!!
- 0.5 (17 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package brie cheese, round
- 1⁄8 cup toasted almond, slices (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves or 1⁄4 cup your favorite preserves
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Roll puff pastry out slightly.
- Place cheese wheel on top (leave rind on).
- Place preserves on top of cheese.
- Place almonds on top of preserves.
- Bundle Puff Pastry up and around the cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for five minutes.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
we are making it tonight for our holiday open house! we plan to use the egg wash....AND made it with raspberry/pepper jelly for a more savory treat!
HUGE HIT! Made twice already, with apricot preserve and dry cranberries, is so easy to make and delicious, also used the egg wash, came out crispy and golden.
I made this recipe as directed for New Years Eve. It was good, but not quite as great as I would have expected given the reviews. The pastry shell didn't quite crisp, so I think next time I will use the egg wash a few reviewers suggested. Also, the top of the rind tended to collapse as the cheese was consumed. I had to keep cutting away at it so that guests could eat the cheese towards the back. I think next time I would suggest cutting just the top of the rind off.