Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This baked brie puff pastry is rich, creamy, and dessert-like. It always disappears. I'm always asked for the recipe. Raspberry preserves goes great in this as well. Bringing in 2012 I made this using Fig Jam Sweet Spanish Temptation!!
- 0.5 (17 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package brie cheese, round
- 1⁄8 cup toasted almond, slices (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves or 1⁄4 cup your favorite preserves
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Roll puff pastry out slightly.
- Place cheese wheel on top (leave rind on).
- Place preserves on top of cheese.
- Place almonds on top of preserves.
- Bundle Puff Pastry up and around the cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for five minutes.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
This is delicious. I've made it with apple butter and plum butter (i just look at what I have in the fridge). Yum!
I'm surprised that this recipe is so popular! Each of the ingredients is delicious individually but the ingredients just don't work well together. This was beautiful when it came out of the oven and I was very optimistic when I put it out for my New Years Eve guests. Unfortunately, this dish was VERY GREASY, almost oily and slimy. It didn't hold its shape and just lay on the plate like a great oily blob. If Zero Stars had been available, I would have chosen that option.
Awesome crowd pleaser! Make sure you thaw your pastry well and check and double check for any tears or holes in the pastry before baking. Served with water crackers and green apple slices. I put it on a hot plate to keep warm.