Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This appetizer is a lovely addition to any dinner party. I usually make 3 or 4 for a small get together as they are addictive.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, butter and cream cheese until dough forms.
- Shape into a ball and wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide dough into 2 rounds and roll out.
- Place brie on 1/2 of dough, cover with the other and crimp sides.
- Brush with egg, place on a lightly greased pie pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve with crackers, firm bread cubes and sliced apples.
Wow! :) We entertained my hubby's boss last night, and I made two of these to serve with Francese bread. One with brie and one with gorgonzola. The three of us ate both pies!! I couldn't find brie wheels, so just used 1/2 pound wedges of each cheese, cut off the rind-stuff and layered slices on the bottom crust. Put the top crust on, rolled and crimped the edges. It smells so good while baking, and looks beautiful! We couldn't wait the 15 minutes after baking, so I slid it to a small plate and dug in! Who'd have thought such a simple recipe could be so impressive and yummy?! I can't wait to try it with Feta cheese. Thanks Di!! :)
I find this a bit heavy and I think it could use more flavor. Perhaps something like a jam or honey inside the crust? It is a nice easy way to dress up brie, though
Excellent! Easy to make ahead of time! I was using what I had around the house - reduced fat Brie, and it was great!