Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice appetizer and easy, as well. Found on the Lanier Bed & Breakfast web site. You can substitute Brie with Gorgonzola.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With sharp knife, cut just inside outer edge of bread leaving a shell.
- Do not cut through bottom.
- Gently remove insides of bread creating cavity for the cheese and cut into pieces for dipping.
- Mix garlic and butter.
- Paint inside of shell with mixture.
- Reserve remaining mixture.
- Trim cheese to fit inside shell, leaving rind on if desired.
- Place loaf on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Spread remaining butter mixture on bread pieces.
- Place on baking sheet and toast for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Use to dip in the cheese.
- Serve with sliced fruit - grapes, apples and pears can also be used for dipping.