This is something that I made up today for our Sunday afternoon appetizer. We enjoyed it so much I thought I would post it. It is simple and tasty. Use whatever size roll you wish but choose a crispy one -Baguettes may be used cut in 4"pieces . You may enjoy this as a decadent Lunch sandwich, rich but oh so good
- Cut your rolls in half lengthwise.
- Butter the top half of the roll.
- Slice your brie, rind on or off your preference. into 1/4" slices and distribute evenly on the bottom halves of the rolls.
- Top each half with 1 1/2 tbsp of cranberry sauce.
- Put on the top half of the roll and wrap each in non stick foil.
- Place on an oven proof tray & bake at 375 for apprx 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the bun is heated through.
- Cut each bun in half or thirds depending on the size of your rolls.
wonderful tasty appetizer!! I used the recipe in two ways, one for a valentine tea where I used pumpkin loaf instead of the buns, by slicing pumpkin loaf and topping it with a slice of brie topped with homemade cranberry sauce. A huge success!! and as a valentine's day appetizer using the buns. Both ways of using it were delicious, simple, tangy and delicious, thanks Bergy for a versitile keeper!!
THANK YOU, BERGY, for this great recipe! Instead of the crispy rolls I used a rather low, heavy loaf of whole wheat bread, sliced it in two horizontally, then into 4 nice-sized sandwiches! I also doubled the filling ingredients & came up with a very, very tasty lunch! Another time I definitely want to make these as little appetizers! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed as a recipenapped bonus in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]