Recipe by Sommer S.
YUMMY! That is all I can think of when I am getting ready to make this! This is a great appetizer for a get together, shower or really just any time. This dish is perfect with entertainer crackers. If you like brie you are going to love this! I personally love the onions and will use the whole onion even though the recipe calls for only 1/2. This recipe pretty much is basic and can be altered to your liking. I have added more onion, I have added sometimes more or less butter, more or less sugar and every time the dish is wonderful! Once you make this you will decide what you like best. The melty, gooey cheese, the sweet sauce or the yummy sweet onions. Then go from there!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Scrap the covering of the brie and place in baking dish large enough so that there is room around the cheese (about 1 inch or so).
- Melt butter in saute pan.
- Slice 1/2 of onion into rings.
- Saute onions in butter until soft.
- Add brown sugar, stir until melted.
- Pour mixture over brie and bake until brie begins to melt, approximately 15-20 minutes.