This is a Lisa Herman recipe direct from Lake Eden, Minnesota and the Joanne Fluke, Hannah Swensen books!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 inches round just ripened baby brie cheese
- 1 round loaf Italian bread (unsliced, 10 to 12 inches in diameter)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped, clean and peel them first, then you can use up to two inches of the stem)
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon season salt (see my season salt recipe for this)
- 1Preheat over to 375 degrees F., rack to the middle position.
- 2Slice the top from the bread. Keep the top-you'll need it later. Hollow out the inside of the bread, leaving at least 1/4 inch of bread in place on the sides and 1 inch on the bottom.
- 3Slice off the top rind of the baby Brie. (If you dip your knife in water frequently, it won't stick as much.) Leave the rest of the rind in place. Pleace the Brie in the hollowed out bread bowl.
- 4In a small bowl, mix together the green onion, shallots, white pepper, white wine, and Season Salt.
- 5Spead this mixture on top of the Brie, replace the top slice of bread, and wrap the entire loaf in aluminum foil.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
- 7Served with cubed bread or crackers.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Brie Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1291.7
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2659.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 236.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 41.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: