Prep 4 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Lisa Herman recipe direct from Lake Eden, Minnesota and the Joanne Fluke, Hannah Swensen books!
- 6 inches round just ripened baby brie cheese
- 1 round loaf Italian bread (unsliced, 10 to 12 inches in diameter)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (chopped, clean and peel them first, then you can use up to two inches of the stem)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt (see my season salt recipe for this)
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F., rack to the middle position.
- Slice the top from the bread. Keep the top-you'll need it later. Hollow out the inside of the bread, leaving at least 1/4 inch of bread in place on the sides and 1 inch on the bottom.
- Slice off the top rind of the baby Brie. (If you dip your knife in water frequently, it won't stick as much.) Leave the rest of the rind in place. Pleace the Brie in the hollowed out bread bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the green onion, shallots, white pepper, white wine, and Season Salt.
- Spead this mixture on top of the Brie, replace the top slice of bread, and wrap the entire loaf in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
- Served with cubed bread or crackers.