1/3 Photos of Baked Brie and Red Pepper Jelly Wrapped in Phyllo Pastry
Just Call Me Martha's Note:
This is a nice twist to the traditional baked brie in puff pastry. I find that the phyllo lends to a more elegant presentation. Phyllo is not that tricky to work with - just keep the sheets that you aren't working with covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel. We traditionally use a 300 gram wheel of Triple Cream Brie, which converts to about .66 of a pound. Because of the size of the phyllo sheets (about 12" x 18"), you could likely use up to a pound of brie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place brie on flat surface and with sharp knife, slice Brie in half horizontally.
- 3(This is much easier to do if Brie is nicely chilled first).
- 4Spread red pepper jelly on bottom half of Brie and then replace top half of brie and set aside.
- 5Using a pastry brush, brush butter on first sheet of phyllo, place a second sheet on top at roughly a 30 degree angle, brush with butter, place third sheet on top at roughly a 30 degree angle from the first, brush with butter and continue until all sheets have been used.
- 6(The reason for placing the sheets on angles is that you'll end up with a larger surface which makes for easier wrapping and it also gives you a more interesting presentation as you bring all the sheets together).
- 7Place Brie in centre of phyllo and gently pull all the sheets up and over the Brie, twisting closed at the top.
- 8Arrange the sheets in the"twist" in various directions.
- 9Brush entire package with melted butter.
- 10Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- 11Set aside for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- 12Serve with crackers or thinly sliced baguette.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Brie and Red Pepper Jelly Wrapped in Phyllo Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.3
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 393.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g