1/3 Photos of Baked Brie and Red Pepper Jelly Wrapped in Phyllo Pastry
Just Call Me Martha's Note:
This is a nice twist to the traditional baked brie in puff pastry. I find that the phyllo lends to a more elegant presentation. Phyllo is not that tricky to work with - just keep the sheets that you aren't working with covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel. We traditionally use a 300 gram wheel of Triple Cream Brie, which converts to about .66 of a pound. Because of the size of the phyllo sheets (about 12" x 18"), you could likely use up to a pound of brie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place brie on flat surface and with sharp knife, slice Brie in half horizontally.
- 3(This is much easier to do if Brie is nicely chilled first).
- 4Spread red pepper jelly on bottom half of Brie and then replace top half of brie and set aside.
- 5Using a pastry brush, brush butter on first sheet of phyllo, place a second sheet on top at roughly a 30 degree angle, brush with butter, place third sheet on top at roughly a 30 degree angle from the first, brush with butter and continue until all sheets have been used.
- 6(The reason for placing the sheets on angles is that you'll end up with a larger surface which makes for easier wrapping and it also gives you a more interesting presentation as you bring all the sheets together).
- 7Place Brie in centre of phyllo and gently pull all the sheets up and over the Brie, twisting closed at the top.
- 8Arrange the sheets in the"twist" in various directions.
- 9Brush entire package with melted butter.
- 10Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- 11Set aside for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- 12Serve with crackers or thinly sliced baguette.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Brie and Red Pepper Jelly Wrapped in Phyllo Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.3
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 393.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g