a simple yet elegant and flavorful appetizer to get your dinner party started. Definitely a taste of class!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces brie cheese, wedge (depends on how many people, can use whole round)
- 6 ounces apricot jam
- 6 ounces honey-roasted almonds, presliced (in salad aisle, guessed on size, just buy bag and use half of it)
- pepper, freshly cracked (garnish)
- 1preheat oven to 375.
- 2place brie in center of small baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. If using a bigger size, baking times will be longer. You want the brie to be soft to the touch and still maintain its shape, no oozed cheese.
- 3remove cheese and place desired amount of jam over wedge. (I used half a jar and it was perfect for the wedge size).
- 4place back in oven and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until you notice the jam is soft and glaze-like.
- 5remove and using a spoon, make sure to spread jam over cheese until it is all covered.
- 6Top with slivered honey roasted almonds and a couple turns of fresh cracked pepper and serve immediately with an assortment of crackers, toated sliced baguette, and sliced crisp apples or pears. Serve also with a white wine (i.e. pinot grigio to complement the flavors).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Brie
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.6
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 429.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 19.7 g