Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
a simple yet elegant and flavorful appetizer to get your dinner party started. Definitely a taste of class!
- 8 ounces brie cheese, wedge (depends on how many people, can use whole round)
- 6 ounces apricot jam
- 6 ounces honey-roasted almonds, presliced (in salad aisle, guessed on size, just buy bag and use half of it)
- pepper, freshly cracked (garnish)
- preheat oven to 375.
- place brie in center of small baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. If using a bigger size, baking times will be longer. You want the brie to be soft to the touch and still maintain its shape, no oozed cheese.
- remove cheese and place desired amount of jam over wedge. (I used half a jar and it was perfect for the wedge size).
- place back in oven and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until you notice the jam is soft and glaze-like.
- remove and using a spoon, make sure to spread jam over cheese until it is all covered.
- Top with slivered honey roasted almonds and a couple turns of fresh cracked pepper and serve immediately with an assortment of crackers, toated sliced baguette, and sliced crisp apples or pears. Serve also with a white wine (i.e. pinot grigio to complement the flavors).