Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Better Homes and Garden. Great for parties!!
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup tomato chutney or 1⁄3 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄2 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces round brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)
- breadsticks or assorted crackers or French bread, slices
- For caramelized onions, cook onion in hot butter or margarine in a small saucepan, covered, over low heat about 15 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, stir together tomato preserves or mango chutney (cut up any large pieces of chutney), rosemary, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut off a thin slice from the top of the Brie to remove the rind; discard.
- Place the Brie in an ungreased 9-inch pie plate.
- Top with tomato or chutney mixture, then with caramelized onions.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 325F oven about 10 to 12 minutes or until Brie is softened and warmed but not runny.
- Serve with breadsticks, crackers, or bread slices.
Wow!!...We are a brie loving family,and have eaten it just about every way going...but this was particularly gorgeous!! We went down the mango chutney route,and used habernero flakes,as we were out of regular chilli flakes.My DH took one mouthful and gave me a big smacker of a a kiss....the actions of a man who has truly LOVED what he has eaten!! A wonderful and simple recipe,that we will be enjoying over again.Thanks Redsie...Made for 1-2-3 HitWonders.
This is a wonderful sweet and savory baked brie Redsie. I enjoyed it very much. The flavor was outstanding. The brie melted perfectly and smelled incredible while baking. I will be making this again. Thank you so much for sharing.
Yummo, so easy & delicious, I did this with camembert, even the kids devoured this.