Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low Carb/High Protein breakfast.
Make and share this Baked Breakfast Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together thoroughly all ingredients listed under breakfast sausage.
- In a bowl, combine sausage mixture with ground beef, eggs, onion, cheese & pepper; mix thoroughly.
- Roll into 1.5" balls or drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes.
- To freeze extra meatballs for up to 6 months: Cool quickly in refrigerator, then place the amounts you will use at one time on sheets of aluminum foil.
- Wrap tightly and place on cookie sheet (to preserve shape).
- Leave on baking sheet until frozen, then remove sheet.
- To reheat: Place meatballs in preheated 350°F oven and bake until hot (30-40 minutes).
These are GREAT! Instead of homemade sausage, I used 1 lb of Jimmy Dean regular, and 1 lb of hot. These are similar to the sausage balls I used to eat (with the Bisquick) prior to my low-carbing days. Easy, quick breakfast, thanks!