Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
With mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. Yummm!!! Don't remember where I got this. Possibly Family Fun?
- 3 bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup corn flakes or 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Place bananas cut sides up in a buttered baking dish (8 or 9-in square) and sprinkle with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and brown sugar.
- Mix cornflakes with butter and sprinkle over top.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until bananas are tender.
I thought this was pretty good. The corn flakes added just the right amount of crunch to it.
This easy dish would be great to serve to company as it is such a pretty presentation. I cut the recipe in half and cooked it in an individual, little casserole dish. Wow, is it good! I cooked for exactly 12 minutes~just perfect. The bananas were cooked but not mushy. The combination of chocolate, banana and marshmallow was heavenly. I used the corn flakes on top and crushed them just a bit and then added the 1 tablespoon of butter in tiny chunks on top of the corn flakes. I will definitely be making this treat again!