Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Bay Scallops are smaller than Sea Scallops and tend to be sweeter. Adapted from All Recipes. If you like a kick of spicy goodness in your food, add a 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper to the bread crumbs.
Top Review by Debbie R.
Delicious, ultra-easy dinner. If you serve this with brown rice, between the fiber and the richness of the scallop topping, it is more filling than you'd think. In retrospect, I think that 4 servings are correct. I took 1/4 for myself and needed to save some for tomorrow. Just serve some other non-rich stuff with it for the bigger eaters. Did I say how quickly it went together? I love recipes like that.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bay scallops, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour melted butter into a 2 quart oval casserole dish.
- Distribute butter and scallops evenly inside the dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, minced garlic and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle this mixture over the scallops.
- Bake in pre-heated oven until scallops are firm, about 20 minutes.