Recipe by I'mNotHere
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE fried zucchini sticks. But I came up with this recipe for baked one's in my quest of trying to eat more healthy
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a large baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
- Wash zucchini and dry thoroughly. Trim ends from zucchini and cut in half crosswise. Cut each half lengthwise into thirds to make wedges.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Combine Parmesan, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper on a plate.
- Dip zucchini in egg, then turn in cheese mixture to coat. Place wedges, skin-side down, on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until light golden brown. Serve while hot.