Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on the internet and it is easy, quick and delicious. Cooking times will depend on the thickness of the fish but I am using the time it took to cook a 3 inch thick piece of cod. I imagine this recipe would work with other light white fish also.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 cod fish fillets
- lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Spray jelly-roll pan with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine mayo, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, anchovy paste and salt and pepper.
- Combine bread crumbs and parsley.
- Spoon mayonnaise mixture on one side of the cod and dip the coated side in the breadcrumb mixture. Place fish on pan with crumb side up.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through and bread crumbs begin to brown. Serve with lemon wedges.
Yummy ! Came out great - nice alternative to frying. We had this dish with Tater tots and Asperagus. Will definitely repeat.
5 stars for taste & ease of preparation. A great week-night recipe.
This is such an easy elegant recipe. Black cod has become my very favorite fish..although expensive.. But worth every penny. Have used this same recipe for tilapia which was good but not black cod quality!