Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
In search of a (cough cough) better way to eat breaded chicken, I found this worked really well when done correctly. As if there is anyway to eat breaded chicken healthy, this does cut down on all that frying in a deep frying pan or deep fryer.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (reserve tsp for oven pan)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup flour (of your choosing, Ive used coconut flour and regular unbleached flour)
- you also need : cast iron pan.
- pre heated oven at 400 degrees.
- so, whisk together eggs and olive oil (reserving some for later) and pepper in a bowl. Heat cast iron or whatever pan you have that can also go into a 400 degree oven.
- 1. Clean breaded chicken and pat dry.
- 2. cover in flour.
- 3. Cover in eggs mixture.
- 4. Cover in bread crumbs.
- 5. take reserved olive oil and place on hot pan.
- 6. very quickly brown both side of the chicken ( if not done carefully bread crumb will fall apart).
- 7. After 1 minute per side on the chicken, take directly into the hot oven and bake for 20 minutes. Done.
- Pictures to follow.