Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From The Big Book of Breakfast, 2003, by Maryana Vollstedt. Crisp, crunchy bacon.
- 12 thick slices bacon
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place bacon slices on a baking sheet with a rim. Bake 10 minutes, then drain off fat.
- In a large, shallow bowl, whisk eggs with water. Add mustard and Worcestershire sauce and mix well. Place crumbs on a piece of wax paper.
- Remove bacon from baking sheet and coat each piece on both sides with egg mixture, then in crumbs. Return to baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 15 minutes longer. Drain on a paper towel and serve immediately.