Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love side dishes that can be prepared ahead and need no last minute fuss. This delicious carrot dish looks as good as it tastes.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh carrots, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Slice carrots in to 1/4" wide by 2 1/2" long strips.
- Mix together, butter, brandy, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Place in a 8x8x2" baking dish.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chives before serving.
Very tasty side dish. I (personally) will take the cover off about half way through next time so the sauce evaporates and the carrotscaramelise a bit. I was left with a lot of sauce that went down the sink. But a nice recipe thanks Lorac.
Terrific recipe -- not to mention the ease of being able to bake these in the oven. I forgot the chives -- I'm sure they would be a tasty addition, but they were fabulous without them.
Excellent recipe - It gives the carrots a lovely mellow flavor. Like you said Lorac - Love do ahead recipes. I lightly covered the carrots for the first 20 minutes then uncovered - came out perfect