Recipe by Domestic Goddess
I enjoy my cranberries baked this way. The brandy helps to cut down on the tartness of the cranberries, while the sugar gives it just enough sweetness.
Top Review by Bergy
Wonderful recipe but the sugar needed to be cut back (for my taste) - I used 1 cup in the baking and added 2 tbsp in the final stage. The Brandy really makes this recipe special. I served it with roast pork and everyone loved it and wanted the recipe I am glad that your neighbor gave you the recipe and that you shared it with us Thanks Cindi Additional comments 10 Oct 03 I cut the recipe inhalf and did not cut the brandy quite ib half, again kept the sugar back a bit too - perfect thanks again Cindi for an easy, tasty Cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cranberries in a glass 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Cover the cranberries with the 2 cups of sugar, but do not stir.
- Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 50-55 minutes in a 350º oven; until the cranberries burst.
- Remove baking dish from the oven.
- Remove the foil and stir.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then drizzle with the brandy.
- Stir in the 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Cool to room temperature; then refrigerate.