1 hr 10 mins
Expat in Holland's Note:
This recipe was given to me by a friend when I lived in Nevada. It is a nice dish that can be made in advance, refridgerated, then baked later. It seems to go over well with vegetarians.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb assorted mushroom, sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta or 12 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1Cook pasta as directed. Drain and set a side.
- 2Meanwhile in a large skillet melt 2 tbsp butter.
- 3Add garlic, onion, and mushrooms. Saute until veggies are tender. Remove mixture into a bowl.
- 4In a sauce pan heat 4 tbsp butter. Add flour and stir until well combined. Stir over low heat until thickened about 4 minutes.
- 5Add milk to flour mixture slowly, little at a time, stirring to incorporate into the sauce. Continue to heat and stir until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- 6Stir in Parmsean cheese, chives and parsley into sauce. Stir until well combined.
- 7In bowl with pasta add mushrooms and sauce. Stir well until all is combined.
- 8Pour mixture into greased baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs.
- 9Bake at 400 for 30minutes.
- 10Remove and let set 10minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Bow Tie Mushroom Ragout
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 800.8
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.9 mg
- Sodium 704.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 33.3 g