Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend when I lived in Nevada. It is a nice dish that can be made in advance, refridgerated, then baked later. It seems to go over well with vegetarians.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb assorted mushroom, sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta or 12 ounces farfalle pasta
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain and set a side.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet melt 2 tbsp butter.
- Add garlic, onion, and mushrooms. Saute until veggies are tender. Remove mixture into a bowl.
- In a sauce pan heat 4 tbsp butter. Add flour and stir until well combined. Stir over low heat until thickened about 4 minutes.
- Add milk to flour mixture slowly, little at a time, stirring to incorporate into the sauce. Continue to heat and stir until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Parmsean cheese, chives and parsley into sauce. Stir until well combined.
- In bowl with pasta add mushrooms and sauce. Stir well until all is combined.
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 400 for 30minutes.
- Remove and let set 10minutes before serving.