Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 45 mins
Amounts can be increased depending on the amount of chicken to be marinated. You can use this marinade for grilled or broiled chicken as well.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 4 -6 medium garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken parts
- Spread chicken skin side up on a flat pan one layer after marinating for a couple of hours (the longer it marinates, the stronger the flavor).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake chicken for about 45 minutes, until done.
I expected a stronger flavor, even though I let it marinate approximately seven hours, and it turned out to be a little too salty for me (I used a lite soy sauce, if that makes a difference to anyone). I also used about 1 teaspoon ground ginger, since I didn't have fresh on hand, and I used chicken breasts (which came out tender and only required about 35 minutes to bake).