Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 6 mins
This is rich-tasting but fairly simple to make. I got this recipe from the Houston Chronicle sometime in the early 1990s. It was submitted by a retired chef named Ken Olszewski in response to a reader request or a recipe challenge. I like to garnish this with parsley so I can sing "parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme" while I am cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown chicken in skillet.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place into a baking dish.
- In the same skillet, combine garlic, cayenne, sugar, salt, sage, rosemary, thyme, and flour.
- Add bourbon and whisk to combine.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over chicken in baking dish.
- Cover dish and place in oven.
- Bake 1 hour or until juices run clear.
This was good, just not as wow as I expected (the smell while they cooked was fantastic). Used large skinless chicken breasts, maybe they should have been cut smaller? Or maybe I should have basted them?
Heaven!!!! AMAZING meal! Family loved it!
This chicken was wonderful! My potted herb garden has not totally succombed to winter, so I was able to use fresh herbs. I definitely will be making this again.