Recipe by LOGMAN
This is a refreshing marinade to bake chicken in. Easy and lasts longer in the refrigerator because of the citrus mix so DON'T OVERCOOK IT in the oven.
Top Review by LAFFY TAFFY
This chicken was ok. Made me realize I don't really like citrus-flavored chicken very much. I like the idea as a good dish to make during cold and flu season; however I won't be making this again.
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 lemons, fresh squeezed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh ginger, grated fine
- 6 -7 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl put in the orange juice and apple juice and stir some.
- Fresh squeeze 2 lemons and put in the bowl.
- Take a piece of ginger, peel the skin, finely grate and put in the bowl. I like to freeze the ginger because it's easier to peel and grate it, and it stays fresh longer.
- Chop 4 good sized green onions and as much of the green as you can get and place it in the bowl.
- Stir well.
- Put a 1/2 cup of the marinade in a measure cup and 1/2 cup of water. (This is for the baking part).
- Rinse your chicken and place in a 9x13 pan pour the measure cup contents over the chicken.
- Sprinkle cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper over the top (you can omit the cayenne if you don't like it spicy hot).
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes uncovered.
- Turn and sprinkle the same over the top.
- Place in oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Put the chicken in a container (I like to use a large Tupperware) and pour the remaining marinade over it, cover and store in the refrigerator.