This is a refreshing marinade to bake chicken in. Easy and lasts longer in the refrigerator because of the citrus mix so DON'T OVERCOOK IT in the oven.
- In a bowl put in the orange juice and apple juice and stir some.
- Fresh squeeze 2 lemons and put in the bowl.
- Take a piece of ginger, peel the skin, finely grate and put in the bowl. I like to freeze the ginger because it's easier to peel and grate it, and it stays fresh longer.
- Chop 4 good sized green onions and as much of the green as you can get and place it in the bowl.
- Stir well.
- Put a 1/2 cup of the marinade in a measure cup and 1/2 cup of water. (This is for the baking part).
- Rinse your chicken and place in a 9x13 pan pour the measure cup contents over the chicken.
- Sprinkle cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper over the top (you can omit the cayenne if you don't like it spicy hot).
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes uncovered.
- Turn and sprinkle the same over the top.
- Place in oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Put the chicken in a container (I like to use a large Tupperware) and pour the remaining marinade over it, cover and store in the refrigerator.
This chicken was ok. Made me realize I don't really like citrus-flavored chicken very much. I like the idea as a good dish to make during cold and flu season; however I won't be making this again.
Great marinade and imparts a nice fresh taste to the chicken. AFter baking, however, I froze the remaining chicken and marinade. I'm sure it will taste just made after thawing. Thnx for posting, Logman. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.