Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Pingry Cooks submitted by Marian Kaufman. Here for when I get bluefish!
- 3 -4 lbs bluefish fillets
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange layer of sliced onions and tomatoes in shallow baking dish.
- Season with salt, pepper, oregano and parsley.
- Salt and pepper the fish and place on top.
- Pour the wine over the whole thing and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 50 minutes at 375 degrees until fish flakes.
- Remove fish to warm platter.
- Stir sour cream into the onion and tomatoes and reheat, but don't boil.
- Spoon around the fish and serve.