AWESOME! Great nourishment to start a day! An excellent way to get fruit and fiber. Not necessary, but may be prepared the night before - just bake 5 to 8 minutes longer. A leftover square of this oatmeal warms well in the microwave. Cream or milk poured over hot oatmeal enhances the flavor. If you are using frozen blueberries, no need to thaw - throw them in! Easy to prepare!
- Mix butter, brown sugar, eggs, applesauce and milk.
- In separate bowl mix oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine with wet mixture and add blueberries. May add more cinnamon to taste.
- Pour into greased 9 x 9 inch baking dish. May be placed in refrigerator overnight. (If so, allow 5 to 8 minutes additional baking.).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Cut into squares. Top with brown sugar and milk when served.
I LOVE it! Simple and nutritious, not too sweet. It is good as a snack as well as for breakfast. I like cutting it in bars and stashing in the fridge. Perfect to pop in the micro to heat and go in the morning. I'm experimenting with different flavors--tried adding peaches and almonds with a dash of almond flavoring instead of blueberries--yum!
This recipe is absolutely fantastic! We LOVE it! Just enough sweetness, great texture. The leftovers are exactly as good as the day it was made.
Excellent and easy!