Recipe by dojemi
This recipe comes from The Doanleigh Inn in Kansas City, Missouri. I got it from a web site. I made some adjustments when I prepared it. I only used one cup of sour cream and 1 tablespoon of vanilla. I put on enough brown sugar to completely cover the blueberries, probably 1 to 1 1/4 cups. It really was quite delicious. The blueberries stay plump and juicy. One left over was quite good the next day, eaten cold. I suggest you play around with the proportions too. Very impressive dessert.
Directions See How It's Made
- Spoon the blueberries into 4, 4 oz oven proof ramekins.
- Mix the sour cream with the vanilla.
- Spoon over the blueberries.
- Top with the brown sugar.
- Broil 3 to 4 minutes, watching carefully.
- The brown sugar should melt and caramelize- DO NOT LET IT BURN.
- NOTE: This seems like a lot of brown sugar, but it is required.
- *****This is the original recipe as I copied it from the web site.
- See above explanation for adjustments I made.