Recipe by Anita Harris
Excellent! If you like blue cheese you will love this dish. I make it often for just the family or dinner parties and everyone always comments on how good it is. I like to serve this chicken with baked potatoes or a rice dish and a green salad. Enjoy!
Top Review by MsKittyKat
This was really, really good. I love blue cheese and would have never thought of doing a sauce like this for chicken. I made this exactly as the recipe directs and I served this with parsley buttered noodles and a green salad with a vinegarette dressing. We drank an Australian Shiraz with the meal and my friends raved about the entire thing. Thank you for an awesome recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 pint sour cream
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 4 -6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the blue cheese, sour cream and garlic; set aside.
- Lightly salt chicken breasts.
- Dredge each one in the flour, dip in the beaten egg, then roll in the bread crumbs.
- Place the butter& oil in a non-stick skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken breasts on both sides then place in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Pour the blue cheese mixture over the breasts.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45-60 mins or until chicken is tender.