Recipe by KelBel
A lowfat baked version of the popular appetizer served at Outback and other restaurants.
Top Review by noelle9923
hi, i'm from Vidalia,GA and i found it better u use a beer batter or like a Zaderans dry batter when it comes to flavor, but for crispyness, the last 10mins of cooking you should use your broiler, just keep tabs on the onions to make sure they don't burn!
- 2 large sweet onions
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425.
- Peel onions. Cut the bottom level but leave core intact.
- Cut onion 6 ways to make petals, carefully loosening. It will bloom more when cooked.
- Place flour salt and seasonings in zip lock bag.
- Spray onions with cooking spray, place in bag and shake gently.
- Remove onion and shake excess off.
- Place on baking sheet and spray again with cooking spray to aid in browning.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes until tender.
- Serve with ranch dressing.