Recipe by Halcyon Eve
I made this years ago for a Christmas brunch, then promptly lost track of the recipe. Now I've found it again! The recipe is from a B&B website and comes from the Salisbury House B&B in Seattle, WA. Prep time is estimated.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (or margarine)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- additional sour cream (to garnish)
- berry preserves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375* F. Butter and flour a 9x13 inch casserole pan.
- To make filling: In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese. Add cottage cheese, 1 egg, 1 tbsp sugar, and vanilla. Beat together and set aside.
- To make batter: In a large bowl, cream together butter and 1/3 c sugar. Add the 4 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour and baking powder. Add yogurt, sour cream, and orange juice and mix well.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into the casserole. Spread filling over batter. Pour remaining batter over top.
- Bake at 375* F for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into squares and serve garnished with dollops of sour cream and preserves.