Wild blackberries are called brambles in the UK and if you have enough of them use twice the amount and leave out the blueberries. You can make the entire pudding and reheat to serve day after it is made. Scrumptious autumn treat.(may need to up the amount of sugar in the fruit if you have a sweet tooth)from Simply Seasonal by Claire Macdonald
- Stew fruit with water and sugar over low heat until the juices run.
- pour into 4-5 pint ovenproof dish.
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- melt butter in large saucepan and fry the oatmeal and nuts until looks slightly toasted.
- stir in sugar and vanilla and cook for few more minutes stirring all the time.
- spoon evenly over the cooked brambles.
- bake for 25-35 mins or until top is gently sizzling and surface is dark golden brown.
- serve warm or cold with whipped cream or good vanilla ice cream.