This is a Japanese dish with a Spanish twist, that is so good and really special if served with Roasted Sweet and Sour Onions. Adapted from Bon Appetit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (6 ounce) cod fish fillets, with skin
- 1/2 cup sweet sherry
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 -2 garlic clove, peeled, flattened
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (or regular breadcrumbs, ground fine)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- kosher salt
- 1Using a sharp knife, make 3 1/4" deep, 2 1/2" long diagonal cuts in skin of each fish fillet. Arrange fillets in a single layer, skin side up, in a 15"x10"x2" glass baking dish. Pour sherry and 1/4 cup olive oil over fish; sprinkle with pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 6 hours, turning every so often.
- 2Preheat oven to 425*F. Combine butter and garlic in a heavy medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat till butter melts and garlic begins to brown, about 12 minutes, stirring occaionally. Discard garlic cloves. Add panko to butter(mix will bubble); cook till golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add the lemon juice; remove from heat. Stir in smoked paprika. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm while preparing fish.
- 3Remove fish from marinade and drain. Sprinkle fish with coarse salt. Heat remaining 1 tbls. oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Turn fillets over; place skillet in the oven and roast until fish is just opaque in center, about 2 minutes.
- 4If serving with Roasted Sweet and Sour Onions, spoon the onions into the center of 6 plates. Top each serving with 1 fish fillet. Spoon sauce over and serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bass Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bass Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Black Cod
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.0
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 155.0 mg
- Sodium 131.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 31.6 g