Recipe by LWA says
A baked version of a black bean burger. Made these for a going away party for a friend.
Top Review by Michael Wodnicki
These are fantastic! Great flavor. I'm not a vegetarian, but love all food. These taste great, take no time at all to make, and are very filling. I pan seared them using non-stick spray and cut cooking time in half. Will use a bit more chili powder and cumin next time, as I like a bit more intense flavor. Finely chopped mushroom would be a nice addition, but might be better seasoned with something other than chili powder and cumin? Thanks for sharing.
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dry off the black beans as much as possible. In a bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- Finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic, and stir into mashed black beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, spices, and chili sauce.
- Stir egg mixture into beans. Mix in the bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide the mixture into four patties.
- Place patties on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes on each side.