Recipe by TOOLBELT DIVA
An easy-to-make, dessert, impressive presentation. Makes a nice brunch addition. Recipe donated by Foodland Ontario.
Top Review by lauralie41
Very simple and quick dessert that tastes so very good. I used Jonathon apples, my grandma baked with them, and added a little nutmeg. Next time will double the recipe so we have dessert for the next day too.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 apples (eg Empire, Golden Delicious, MacIntosh)
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk (skim, 2%, low-fat, all OK)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180C).
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Core apples, and widen opening at top to accommodate biscuit.
- Rub insides and tops of apples generously with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Prepare biscuit dough per instructions on package, using baking mix and milk.
- Spoon biscuit mixture into cored apples, mounding slightly, and spreading to edges.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until apples are done and biscuits golden brown.
- Any leftover dough can be shaped into biscuits and baked together with filled apples, for the same amount of time.
- For variety: A sprinkle of any of the following may be added to biscuit dough: sprinkle of raisins, currants, dried cranberries or chopped almonds;.