Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Glycemic Index Snacks
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 1⁄2 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 4 ramekins.
- In a large bowl, place ricotta cheese. Using a wooden spoon, break up ricotta.
- Add beaten egg whites and honey and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Spoon ricotta mixture into prepared ramekins and level tops. Bake for 20 minutes or until ricotta puffs are golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, warm fruit, adding a little water if fruit is fresh, until softened. Let cool slightly.
- Serve sauce warm or cool with puffs.