3 hrs 10 mins
Buggerlugs Cuddlemorphus Girvan's Note:
Be careful when preparing fresh raw beetroots for cooking - if the skin is damaged the colour will 'bleed' during baking. For the same reason, do not prod them with a fork to see if they are done, but instead test whether the skin slides off easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4.
- 2Wash the beetroots but do not trim.
- 3Wrap them in greased foil or place in a greased ovenproof dish.
- 4Cover tightly and bake for 2½-3 hours.
- 5When the beetroots are cooked the skin will slide off easily.
- 6Serve with a slice cut off the top, but not skinned, topped with the butter or sour cream and seasoned to taste.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Beets
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 1.3 g