Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Delicious! Good enough for company. From Pillsbury Fast and Healthy Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400. Place sheet of foil on 15 X 10 X 1-inch baking pan or cookie sheet. Place beef tenderloin on foil; tuck narrow end under. Turn edges of foil up around tenderloin to contain juices. Bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine broth and cornstarch; blend well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in small nonstick skillet until hot. Add onions; cook about 1 minute. Stir in parsley, pepper, mustard, and lemon juice. Add cornstarch mixture; cook and stir over medium heat for 4 - 6 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened.
- To serve, cut tenderloin into 1/2-inch slices. Serve sauce over slices.
This is a very good recipe! My husband and I could not believe how the sauce added a gourmet spin to the dish. I served it would garlic seasoned fresh green beans and a twice baked potatoe. It looked like something from a high end steak house. I am not a big onion fan, so I left that out of the sauce and LOVED it. I am not a big gravey person on meat, but this was light and flavorful. I can't wait to make it again!