Cook2 hrs 30 mins
This comes from Sunset's Light Ways with Beef, Lamb and Pork cookbook.
Make and share this Baked Beef Stew With Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- In a shallow 3 to 4 quart casserole, combine beef and onions.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 450 degree Fahrenheit oven, stirring occasionally, until beef and onions are browned (40 to 45 minutes).
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with flour and stir gently to coat.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a 1-1/2 quart pan, combine beef broth, red wine vinegar, thyme, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add to beef mixture, stirring to loosen any browned bits.
- Distribute carrots over beef.
- Cover tightly and bake until beef is very tender when pierced (1-1/2 to 2 hours).
- Season with salt.