Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Taste of Home; family favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 t.
- dried thyme, water, garlic salt, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
- Add beef; mix well.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Coat patties with flour; dip in egg and then crumbs.
- In a skillet, brown patties in butter.
- Arrange in a greased shallow baking dish.
- Pour half of the spaghetti sauce over patties.
- Sprinkle with cheeses; top with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining thyme.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
This 1999 Taste of Home recipe can be assembled ahead of time and baked whenever your ready...You can even make homemade hamburger buns to serve them in! I'm sure it would lend itself excellently to OAMC use...
This was easy to make and is delicious. I made this recipe with no changes. As the other reviewer said this recipe definitely would lend itself excellently to OAMC use