Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From "On your Mark...Get Set...SNOW! This is a collection of favorite recipes from the athletes, families, volunteers and staff of the 1989 International Winter Special Olympics. This was submitted by E.J. in Nevada.
- Arrange onion slices in bottom of roasting pan, then place the brisket on top.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over the meat.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 3-4 hours at 350 degree F. until meat is fork tender.
- Juice can be thickened if you like.
- Remove meat from oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut in thin slices across the grain.
- Serve with noodles or rice.
I was going to make another one of your brisket recipes but realized last min. that I didn't have all the ingredients. So I searched quick and found this one. I'm so glad I did. It was a hit for our shabbat dinner. I doubled the sauce ingredients which I'll do in the future too. Very easy to put together and it was very tasty. My DH said it tasted like a German brisket his mom use to make. I served it with potatoes roasted in EVOO and garlic, and broccoli. It was a great meal. Thanks for posting.
Very easy to make! And very tasty. I couldn't find a brisket smaller than 4 3/4 lbs and had to bake for 4 hours.